A wide array of volunteer opportunities exist at Senior Care of Iowa and include the opportunity for occasional, temporary or ongoing time commitments in direct care to seniors and numerous related activities. Opportunities are available for individuals of any age, including children with adult supervision, families, service organizations, businesses, or other groups.
Senior Care of Iowa is only able to provide no-cost assistance to seniors because of the availability of local volunteers. With sufficient help, the organization can continue to meet the needs of the ever-increasing number of seniors who require assistance to remain in their own homes, promoting dignity, independence and quality of life.
If you are interested in becoming a Senior Care of Iowa volunteer, please fill out this brief form by downloading it and mailing to our office:Volunteer Information Request Form
- respite for family caregivers – occasionally staying with a homebound person
- companionship – by phone or from a pen-pal
- Green Bag Program – free 8-10 pounds of fruits and Vegetables
- transportation – for appointments, shopping, banking, errands, etc.
- Computer Classes – basic computer skills training
- handyman – simple repairs and Snow plowing
- Health & Wellness
- Education Programs